Complex Business Litigation: experienced on numerous issues and subject matters.
- Notable matters include two favorable fraud jury verdicts as senior trial associate, which were published on the front page Wall Street Journal involving commercial equipment lease dispute and front page of the Orange County Register involving retirement fund investments.
Franchise Litigation: experienced in issues involving wrongful termination, anti-trust violation and unfair business practice matters.
- Notable matters include arbitration involving multi-million dollar claims against food products franchisor for alleged wrongful termination of franchises.
- Notable matters also include the published opinion of H. Chin v. Advanced Fresh Concepts Franchise Corp., (2011) 194 Cal. App. 4th 704., where Mr. Nigolian obtained reversal of a trial courts order denying the franchisor's motion to compel arbitration.
Intellectual Property Litigation: experienced in issues involving trademark, trade secret and trade dress matters.
- Notable matters include obtaining first ever counterfeit goods seizure order issued by Los Angeles Superior Court for client manufacturing after market, high performance, auto parts.
Real Estate Litigation: experienced on numerous issues and subject matters.
- Notable matters include enforcement of residential real property sale pursuant to exercise of option to by provision in lease agreement, enjoinment of commercial property sale to enforce payment of broker commission payment, and recovering buyer's damages incurred from seller's failure to disclose prescriptive easement on $8.5 million residential property located on The Strand in Hermosa Beach, California.
Contract Negotiating and Drafting: experienced in business license agreements, franchise agreements, equipment leases, domestic and international joint venture agreements, business entity formations, employment (independent contractor) agreement and commercial office ease/sublease agreements.
Employment and Labor: experienced on numerous issues and subject matters.
- Notable matters include defending international commerce client against claim of wrongful termination and retaliation, defending chief executives against alleged harassment charges and reversing public agency decisions regarding unemployment benefit claims.
Record Retention: experienced in record retention audits and advisement.
- Notable matters include review of international holding company's nine domestic subsidiaries by reviewing current status of record retention (including electronic), interviewing employees and proposing/integrating solutions tailored for each company's business operations.